Responsive Ad

Putting To Rest The PMB Certificate Saga

By: Fenny J. Fwa
I have my misgivings about the PMB. He is unnecessarily stubborn, over delegates authority to to subordinates, relies too much on analogue elderly people that have outlived their usefulness, as a soldiers he places high premium on loyalty above competence and merit. But there is something you can not take away from him: honesty and abhors corruption. On this he can only be compared to Yakubu Gowon , Tafawa Balewa of all our former Heads of state. I'm not saying this because of what he has been mouthing during electioneering campaign, but I have Interacted with aides that worked with him since he was appointed the military Governor of the defunct North East, the commissioner of petroleum during the OBJ military rule, as the military Head of state in 1984-1985, as the chairman of PTF and now as the president of Nigeria. OBJ testified how transparent he was as as minister of petroleum. Prof Tam David West said through out his tenure as Buhari's minister of petroleum, the man never phoned or issued a note for him to extend favour to anybody. I know of contractors that handled major contracts with PTF who told me that the man had never accepted gratification or bribes from them. I met a photographer who worked with him as military Gov. That he was no nonsense and was prudent and transparent. The same comments were made by some retired elderly civil servants in my state who worked directly with him. The famous Baban Lare said the same thing.
These and other comments which I may not have the time and space to mention on this thread have made him one of our moral compasses in this country.

I was therefore so surprised that a lot of people could believe the story on the certificate saga. That Buhari lied about completing his secondary education, even when he tendered his WASC certificate, a lot people believed it was forged. I argued with a lot people that the Buhari I know wouldn't be so dishonest to lie about attending a school he never did, not to talk of forging a certificate. Up to now a lot folks believe this story. Well an elderly person Alex Ajayi, of the age of 86, the first graduate from Ado Ekiti, and pioneer staff of WAEC was interviewed by punch on Sunday, 13th Nov, See page 53 on his life which was totally unconnected with Buhari certificate saga and along the line he gave more than enough on the certificate saga. This is the relevant part of the interview." I joined the West Africa Examination council council as pioneer staff. I was the first substantive Nigerian Assistant registrar.... I had the opportunity of issuing certificates to three former Heads of state: Buhari, Abacha and Babangida."

I hope this has put to rest the certificate saga of PMB.

Post a Comment

0 Comments