Responsive Ad

"Humans are, indeed, the crowning of God's earthly works of creation" - Vincent

Jack Vince Writes;
Humans are the greatest of God's creation on earth. When I look at people, I see a variety which ought to be the spice of life, tall and short, fat and slim. I see people in a rainbow of aesthetics.

I look at people and I see the innate desire to attain uncharted heights, I see breakthroughs by people responsible for making the world a better place.

Yes, I see humans and I know life could be unfair with inequalities everywhere. Daily, amongst fellow humans, I see affluence, abundance, laughter and joy flaunted by some, I also see struggle, hunger, sickness and poverty borne by others. In all, I just see humans.

Humans are, indeed, the crowning of God's earthly works of creation. I look at people and I see heads, torsos and limbs. Fellow humans who have feelings, just like me. When I look, I don't see colour, I'm blind to it. I don't see Africans, Asians, Europeans or Latin Americans, I see people who could laugh or cry, rejoice or mourn. When I look at people, I empathise. I definitely don't see animists or atheists, Christians or Muslims, I only see people whose hopes and fears, happiness and worries I could relate to.

I have never known and I still don't know how a man could put the keen edge of a blade to the throat of a fellow human being and slit it (a thing I can't do to my goat). How a whole village could be attacked and destroyed and an entire household annihilated, beats me.

At what point did humans become so savage and inhuman? Inter-ethnic and religious wars are fought daily across the world. It gets more daring and seems unending. Is the situation hopeless?

I will never worship any god whose hobby is to see me kill a fellow human, and that's the voice of my humanity.

Selah!

Post a Comment

0 Comments